National Domestic Violence Fatality Review Initiative
The mission of the National Domestic Violence Fatality Review Initiative (NDVFRI) is to provide technical assistance for the reviewing of domestic violence related deaths with the underlying objectives of preventing them in the future, preserving the safety of battered women, and holding accountable both the perpetrators of domestic violence and the multiple agencies and organizations that come into contact with the parties.
NDVFRI staff and consultants offer:
- Onsite community technical assistance
- Customized information packets
- National and regional training conferences
- Video and teleconferences
- The ndvfri.org website, which contains a wealth of information about fatality review and includes team reports, fatality review statutes and executive orders, sample data-collection instruments, sample confidentiality agreements, team contact information, and much more.
If you are interested in learning more about technical assistance opportunities provided through NDVFRI, please contact us. NDVFRI staff and consultants look forward to serving you.
2015 NDVFRI Conference
St Petersburg, FL
May 17 -19
This two day event will bring together team members and stakeholders from across the country to learn about fatality review and advance their efforts. We will explore the ways communities have changed their responses to domestic violence as a result of their fatality review work. The conference highlights the importance of civic engagement, agency and stakeholder contributions, and democratic practice.
Produced by: S.T.O.P in Action: Montana Domestic Violence Fatality Review Commission