May 19 - 21, 2013
Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004, USA
In-Person Registration: May 19, 2013
Plenary and Workshop Sessions: May 20, 2013 & May 21, 2013
Evening Knowledge Exchange Session: May 20, 2013
OVW grantees should be prepared to provide an OVW grant number during the on-line registration process. OVW grantees register here.
Participants who are not funded by the Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) and do not have an OVW grant number, register here.
Topics will include:
- DV Related Deaths and Near Deaths
- Societal Responses to DV
- Working with Surviving Family Members Including Children
- Mock Review Exercises
- Policy Debates
- The Latest Issues in Fatality Reviews And Safety Assessments
- Global Violence Against Women
- Dr. Jacquelyn Campbell
- Dr. Marilyn Armour
- Mark Wynn
Conference Registration Rate
- Registration before April 13, 2013: $150.00
- Registration Rate after April 12, 2013: $175.00
- Refunds will NOT be made for cancellations after April 12, 2013 or for participants who register but do not attend.
- The conference registration fee is waived for OVW Grantees
- Please note, food will not be provided at the conference.
A limited number of OVW Grantee lodging scholarships are available.
Hyatt Regency Room Rates
$135.00 single/double occupancy. Room rates are subject to state and local tax, which are currently at 13.27%. The Hyatt hotel conference rate is guaranteed through 4/26/13. Reservation requests received after the 4/26/13 will be based on availability at the hotel's prevailing rate. Register here.
The Hyatt Regency is located just four miles from Sky Harbor International Airport. The Metro Light Rail runs from 4am to 11pm daily. The cost is $1.75 per person and is only blocks from the Hyatt Regency.
To access the Metro Light Rail from Sky Harbor Airport:
- Proceed to Ground Transportation
- Board the PHX Airport Shuttle to Metro Light Rail Line.
- Board the Metro Light Rail toward Montebello.
- De-board at the Central/Washington Station.
- The Hyatt Regency Phoenix is one block to the east.
An airport shuttle is also available for the cost of $18.00 per person.
Download the list of restaurants in downtown Phoenix. (Requires Microsoft Word)
The Hyatt Regency Phoenix has parking available at a current charge of $27.00 per day for valet parking and $19.00 per day for self-parking nearby: rates are subject to change. In and out privileges for self-parking are available to those who bill their parking charges to their guest room.