National Domestic Violence FatAlity Review Initiative
The mission of the National Domestic Violence Fatality Review Initiative (NDVFRI) is to provide technical assistance for the reviewing of domestic violence related deaths with the underlying objectives of preventing them in the future, preserving the safety of battered women, and holding accountable both the perpetrators of domestic violence and the multiple agencies and organizations that come into contact with the parties.
NDVFRI staff and consultants offer:
- Onsite community technical assistance
- Customized information packets
- National and regional training conferences
- Video and teleconferences
- The ndvfri.org website, which contains a wealth of information about fatality review and includes team reports, fatality review statutes and executive orders, sample data-collection instruments, sample confidentiality agreements, team contact information, and much more.
If you are interested in learning more about technical assistance opportunities provided through NDVFRI, please contact us. NDVFRI staff and consultants look forward to serving you.
Family Violence Institute Conference
Free Upcoming Webinar
August 19, 2014
Time: 11:30 am - 1:00 pm Pacific
Join us for the first in a series of webinars on fatality review through the National Domestic Violence Fatality Review Initiative. Dr. Neil Websdale, Director, will provide an overview of the philosophy and process of domestic violence fatality review as well as new developments in the field. He will explore emerging issues and the practical benefits of engaging in reviews.
Produced by: S.T.O.P in Action: Montana Domestic Violence Fatality Review Commission